Search This Blog

Sunday, June 29, 2014

20th Century Hmong Fashion

Hmong is really a people of the arts.  Furthermore, we change and adapt quickly, while remaining true to our roots - at least we are trying.

Singer, designer, entreprenuer Mai Neng Thao's designs.  I love these.  I can't wait to visit her store and buy these.  For more designs and styles, check out her Facebook store.  Physical store is in St. Paul, MN.

Mai Neng Thao modeling one of her own design.  Absolutely gorgeous!  I love the artistry in this piece... and to wear it with denim and boots... fabulous!






I love this one too.  So beautiful and playful.  I could live in this dress/shirt.  The beautiful and talented Mai Neng Thao modeling one of her designs.





Husband and wife team.  Simply gorgeous.



A closer look at the Mr's outfit.



More men's style.


I hear summer calling.  I would not mind wearing something this cool and breezy around town... but I would need to cover my arms... and perhaps wear a longer skirt.  Breathtaking!






Love the balance in this outfit.  Add the jacket like the picture below and it's to die for!

Although she is covered up, this outfit is actually very cool and ventilating because of the natural fiber and weave of the material.



This is so cool.  Love it!


These are simply too adorable!  


Love the attitudes that are portrayed here... 



Oh my goodness!  This little one is out of this world!

























No comments:

Post a Comment