Search This Blog

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Love Affair with Leather Jackets

Covering the Shoulders


One rule for a Hmong wife is to cover her shoulders or at least her upper arms.  In trying to observe this rule, I quickly became bored of suit jackets and blazers.  Cardigans are another option, but there are only so many ways to wear a cardigan - limiting the number of different looks that can be created.  Another limitation of cardigans is that it does not hide lumps and bumps - after all, we are wives and mothers.  Thus my passionate love affair with leather jackets was born.  

Typically, leather jackets are associated with bikers and rock and roll.  However, colored leather jackets can give an edge or a slight kick to an ordinary outfit.

From left to right:  Wilson orange leather blazer, Nicola Berti yellow leather jacket, Wilson red leather blazer, St. John by Marie Gray pink leather jacket, Tommy Hilfiger green leather jacket, and Dana Buchman black leather jacket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=muU85CO13Z8

2 comments:

  1. hi

    I love Hmong Jackets and would like to buy some in Thailand.. Can you help me where to buy from? Shop Name, Contact Number etc.?

    Please write to me on priti@brandvuinc.com

    Thanks a ton... And love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Pritz.

    I have sent you an e-mail. As soon as I have their contact information, I will send it to you. I will also post the information in here for anyone else who is interested.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete