Search This Blog

Sunday, June 29, 2014

The Denim Jacket - Perfect for Transforming You Fancy Dresses

I have a lot of fancy dresses, some formal, very few casual, and a lot of semi-formal.  I like the cut, fit, and material of higher end brands, so that means that the dresses can be pricey.

1.  Denim Jacket with Lace Dresses

This one is a moto style denim jacket, which makes it ALL that more attractive to me.  I love the toughness of a moto jacket with the soft feminine feel of lace dresses.

Crispy white lace dress with blue denim and flat sandals.  Well put together but does not look like you are trying too hard.  

I don't like the shape combination, but I have a beige lace dress so I am going to keep this here for inspiration.  The loose fitting of the dress with the over-sized denim jacket makes her look fat and dowdy.  Either one can be loose fitting, but not both.  

Although this dress is extremely feminine - lace AND flora AND pink - the denim jacket, button down shirt, and stern looking shoes all provide an anti-dote to the ultra sugary sweetness of the dress.  I love it!  This gives me ideas on how to wear my lace dresses to work.  

This is a skirt, but you can achieve the same look by layer a think t-shirt over a lace dress and then adding a denim jacket.

This look is making my head buzz.  I have several white lace dresses, so I can't wait to try this for a causal Friday work outfit.  To achieve the same look, you can tie the button down shirt at the bottom and tuck the ends inside - creating the "tucked in" look.  For me, whether I am wearing a sheath dress of a skirt, I prefer my button-downs to hand loose.  It helps to hide lumps and bumps.  



This outfit is with a denim shirt, so we can wear it like this or you can just use a denim jacket.



Another one with a denim shirt, left unbuttoned.














No comments:

Post a Comment