Search This Blog

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Kat's Style Formula



It has taken me a long time to find a style that speaks to me and FOR me. In the last 6 months or so, I believe that I have found a style formula that works for me. 


Work: 3 pieces - 2 formal, 1 casual/edgy piece. Off 

Duty: 3 pieces - 1 formal, 2 casual edgy pieces.



This is a work outfit, so I break the dress down into "top" and "bottom." Since the top is very intricate, more fitting for evening wear... it serves as my edgy piece. The "skirt" portion fits like a pencil skirt, so it's business/formal, etc. If I pair it up with a leather jacket, there's too many edgy pieces and would not be appropriate for work. So, I chose a very basic suit jacket that can be worn in any boardroom. Dress is from JC Penny. The Jacket is Ann Taylor Loft. The shoes is the BORN sandals I wore with the pink leather jacket from yesterday's picture.

Here is a picture of the shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment