Search This Blog

Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Best of Both Worlds

Getting the More Wear Out of My Hmong Clothes


I love this outfit for several reasons.  It's green!  I love the color green.  It makes me happy and calm.  This was so comfortable and easy to wear.  Most importantly, it represented how I see myself - a mixture of Hmong and American.

The key elements to this outfit were proportion and simplicity.  Since the jacket (shirt for Hmong Chinese outfit) is so loose and drapey, the bottom and under layer needed to be simple and fitted.  The black tank is from JCPenny's ANA line, the Hi-Lo style - to to provide additional coverage to my backside.  The green skinny jeans were also from JCPenny.  The wide cuff anklets were part of the Hmong Chinese outfit.  Born Oxfords completed the look.



No comments:

Post a Comment