Search This Blog

Sunday, January 6, 2013

In Remembrance of Our Hmong New Year Celebrations

Owning it!

In all things, especially when we are trying something different, I truly believe that we need to OWN it - make it our own.

I am not sure how the fire started, by many people have started to fall in-love with the Hmong pa dau and clothing.  In both the Hmong communities and non-Hmong communities, Hmong clothing and artifacts are becoming a trend.  Like all trends, one needs to put her own spin to it.

This was a men's Hmong Thai outfit.  My mom gave it to my husband as a wedding gift.  He have only worn it once.  It is so beautiful, I hated the thought of it sitting in the suitcase.  With a few touches, it had morphed into something feminine and beautiful.  The only thing I added to this outfit was the coined belt, black tank, and red Born heel sandals.

Be creative and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment