Search This Blog

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Dressing Your Body

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I see clothing on other people, they look so good.  Yet the moment I try them on, I can't take them off fast enough.  Primarily, it is because each body is different.

The only way to discover what works for your body is to try on anything and everything that catches your eyes.  Once you know what works for your body shape, as far as style, fabric, lengths, etc, it was be easier to shop for clothing - whether it is at the mall or online.

Now, if you are fortunate enough to find a few designers that can really design clothing for your body, then you can order them online and save a bundle.  For example, my body works well with BCBG dresses.  I have a small torso and huge hips and thighs.  Most of the time, if the dress fits my hips, they are too big in the torso.  It seems like Max Azria measures my body and custom designed these dresses for me.


Usually, I cannot wear sheath dresses because they do not fit me well on the hip area, but the red dress above and the lace dress below fits me perfectly.  Brand is not all that important, except when a designer designs clothing that fits you perfectly.  




This stripe hi-lo dress is made of thin t-shirt material.  Normally, post babies bodies can't really wear anything made from material this thin, but Max Azria is a magician in that he can make clothes that skims a woman's curves, hugging all the right places and hiding what we don't want to show the world.


This lace dress is part of a 3-in-1 dress.  It is a two tiered lace dress.  The longer one is floor length and this goes over the long one, creating the second tiers.  Each piece can be worn alone.  Perfect fit in the chest area and on the hips.


Once you know what works for your body shape and have built a versatile wardrobe, getting dressed can be a lot of fun.  The leggings are from my Hmong Chinese outfit that my mom bought for me as a wedding gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment