Search This Blog

Monday, February 4, 2013

Lace and the Office


Lace and the office, though, can be tricky. I like to avoid lace trim on camisoles, worrying that they can look too much like lingerie that shouldn’t be seen, and black lace blouses often have too much of a boudoir look for the office.  To me, lace is only appropriate for the office if it’s a) clearly meant to be seen, and b) does not call to mind bedroom, lingerie, or boudoir.  For example, I think a regular fabric that had a lace print on it would be fine, in most cases, for a blouse, skirt, or even blazer.  I think white lace worked into the hem of a skirt, or even as an entire blouse, might be appropriate.  But black lace overlaid on a tan fabric seems to suggest skin beneath it.  I’d avoid for the office.
For example, I think that this outfit would work for the office if you don't wear the fur collar and the leather gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment